HARTLEY & NOBLE LTD
Hartley & Noble Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this web page. You should check this page when you visit our website to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information - the name and job title of the person making an order or enquiry on our website, their email address, telephone number, and full postal address.
- Financial information – the financial information that you provide when you order products or services from us. For example; your bank account information, or credit / debit card details.
- Site use Information – details about the device with which you use our Website, and how you access and use our Website. For example; the pages you viewed, the information you accessed, and the browser type and version you used.
- Demographic Information – from time to time we may carry out customer surveys and / or offers so that we may tailor our products and
- services to our customer’s needs.
- Cookies - A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information for the following reasons:
- To fulfil your order.
- To bill you for products & services.
- To provide you with information to improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information you provide to customise our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may not opt out of providing financial information to us for the purposes of a transactional arrangement. If you do wish to opt out of providing financial information then you will need to cancel your order with us in accordance with our Terms & Conditions Policy.
You have the right to choose to restrict the collection or use of your other personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
How long we keep your personal data
We keep information only for as long as we need it to fulfil your order, or provide you with services, manage our business, or as required by law or contract. Where you have a contract with us, we will retain your data for the length of the contract, and will further retain that information for a time period consistent with our legal or regulatory responsibilities, after you terminate your services with us to resolve disputes.
Who we share your personal data with
We provide your personal data to companies that help us operate our business activities (For example; our company accountant). These companies are authorised to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services and we make every effort to ensure that they have adequate policies in place to protect your privacy.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How we keep your personal data safe
We work to protect the security of your financial information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") software. This encrypts the information you input on the Website. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You can further help to ensure your security by taking a few simple precautions. For instance, it is important to protect against unauthorised access to your computer or mobile device, and to be sure to sign out when you finish using a shared computer.
You have a right to;
Under The Data Protection Act 1998, and The General Data Protection Regulation (2018) you have a right to request details of the personal information which we hold about you. A small administration fee may be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.